- Static Var Generator(SVG)
Static Var Generator(SVG)
Static Var Generators (SVG) are a device that performs dynamic reactive power compensation by a self-commutated power semiconductor bridge converter. The basic principle is to use a switchable, high-powered power electronic device (such as an IGBT) to form a self-commutated bridge circuit. The reactor is connected parallel on the power grid to properly adjust the amplitude and output voltage phase of the AC side of the bridge circuit or directly control the current on the AC side, allowing the circuit to absorb or emit the reactive current that meets the requirements, and achieve dynamic reactive power compensation.
As another technology branch in the field of reactive power compensation, SVG devices are superior in terms of response speed, stable grid voltage, system loss reduction, transmission capacity increase, improving transient voltage limit, harmonic reduction and floor space reduction.
- Power grid hub substation: Improve system transient voltage stability and ensure system operational safety.
- Wind farm: Improve bus voltage stability and suppress oscillation.
- Metallurgical industry, petrochemical industry, mining and electric railway: suppress voltage flicker, compensate unbalanced load, filter load harmonics and increase load power factor.
- Other industries: suppress voltage fluctuations, filter load harmonics and improve power factor.